TEF Director of Partnerships and Communications, Somachi Chris-Asoluka, Live on SABC News’ SME #OnPoint
TEF Director of Partnerships and Communications, Somachi Chris-Asoluka was live today on SABC News’ segment, SME #Onpoint with Liabo Setho.
On the business show which focuses on the small and medium enterprises sector, Somachi discussed the Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme and the impact African entrepreneurs are making on the continent.
Highlighted quotes from the event:
- Africa is the most entrepreneurial continent in the world. We have countries with the highest number of young entrepreneurs.
- Entrepreneurship is such an important sector when we discuss Africa’s economic development.
- What the pandemic has done is put more pressure on those of us in the ecosystem to see how much more targeted we can refine the support we give African entrepreneurs.
- We want to make sure that entrepreneurs have the business skills, capacity, and leadership ability to take their business from the idea stage to the growth stage.
- Each entrepreneur in our Programme demonstrates how their business will actively support Africa in achieving the SDGs
The Tony Elumelu Foundation is currently accepting applications to the 2021 Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme. All young African men and women with brilliant business ideas or start-ups are invited to apply on tefconnect.com
Watch the full interview here.