The Tony Elumelu Foundation announces winners for the 2014 Elumelu Legacy Prize from University of Calabar and University of Nigeria, Nsukka
This year, we presented awards to the 2014 winners of the Elumelu Legacy Prize at University of Calabar and University of Nigeria, Nsukka. The prize was presented at the 27th and 43rd Convocation ceremonies of the University of Calabar (UNICAL) and University of Nigeria Nsukka respectively; to the best performing students at the undergraduate and graduate levels in Economics, Business and Medicine. UNICAL is one of the six new schools the Foundation partnered with this year in our expansion of the network of recipient schools and they showed great excitement and gratitude to the Foundation and our Founder, Tony O Elumelu, C.O.N for the recognition. The prize includes N250,000 for awardees at the first degree level and N500,000 at the post graduate level.
From the University of Calabar, the winners include:
- Okonkwo Nkiruka Onyeka – Best Overall Graduating Student.
- Aiyeola Adekunle Twince – Best Overall Graduating Student in Economics.
- Essiet Inimfon – Awele V. Elumelu Legacy Prize for Best Graduating Student in Medicine.
- Mrs Angela Igbo – Best Masters Graduating Student Economics; and
- Aderoju Ademola – Best Graduating MBA student.
From the University of Nigeria, Nsukka; the winners include:
- Ume, Chukwuma Otum – Best Overall Graduating Student I
- Ossai, Emmanuel Chiwetalu – Best Overall Graduating Student II
- Frederick, Joy Ijeoma – Best Overall Graduating Student in Economics
- Achebe, Nancy Ifeoma – Best Overall Graduating Student in Medicine
- Ani, Onyinye Maria – Best Overall Masters Graduating Student in Economics