Six Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) Alumni have received travel sponsorship to attend the seventh edition of the Tokyo International Conference on African Development (TICAD) in Japan, sponsored by one of TEF partners, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP). The programme will hold on August 28 -30, 2019 at Pacifico Yokohama, Yokohama city, Japan.
The sponsorship is one of the numerous benefits afforded the alumni of the Tony Elumelu Foundation Alumni besides the direct benefits from the Foundation including non-refundable seed capital, mentorship, training and networking opportunities.
The main theme of the conference is on facilitating trade collaborations between Japan and Africa. On the sidelines, other events will explore ways to invest in Africa’s young people to scale progress and improve economic performance on the continent and globally.
The selected entrepreneurs are:
- Jumoke Dada: Founder, Taeillo (Nigeria)
- Balma Ange Frederik; Founder, LIFI-LED (Cote d’Ivoire)
- Shamim Nabuuma Kaliisa; CHIL AI (Uganda)
- Ghana: Mr. Kelvin Ashie: Health Direct Global (Ghana)
- Patu Ndango: Closed loop Systems Ventures (Cameroon)
- Regis Umugiraneza, CEO and Co-Founder of the Carl Group Company, Director of the Rwanda Youth in Agriculture Forum &Vice President of the PSF Chamber of Young Entrepreneurs (Rwanda)
TICAD brings together government, business leaders, companies and other stakeholders, to engage high policy dialogue, forge business relationships and enhance trade and investment between Japan and Africa.
The travel sponsorship is one of the ways Tony Elumelu Foundation continues to empower African entrepreneurs and create education, entrepreneurship, employment and engagement opportunities for young people.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.