Checking In & Sharing Next Engagements in TEF
العربيةl Français l Português
It has been an inspiring week for us, as I hope it has been for you.
We would like to appreciate the work you do and your support of ours, as we continue to advocate for African entrepreneurship and youth employment as the root to the sustainable development of the continent.
One of the ways we keep in touch is by sharing our updates, and we hope you share your feedback with us.
Earlier this week:
• It was rewarding to see our work mentioned in the Bridgespan Group report on “large scale giving by African philanthropies”. Read the report here.
• I joined the Lagos State Governor, and other Chief Executives, to discuss the State’s economic strategy to the ongoing pandemic at a virtual session organised by the Lagos Chamber of Commerce and Industry [LCCI].
• Our leadership spoke at two events: the Peace Infrastructure session organised by UNDP Nigeria and a knowledge session organised by the Blended Capital Group, South Africa.
• Our beneficiary, Nneile Nkholise, was listed as Vanguard Newspaper’s Top 10 Black Business Titans.
Next week we will be participating in a few events to advocate for African entrepreneurship globally.
• On Monday, our TEF Masterclass on Smart Investing for Entrepreneurs will be facilitated by Ore Ajayi, an investment professional from the United Capital Plc. Please share with an entrepreneur who could benefit from this.
• On Thursday, June 25, I will represent the Foundation at 2 events:
1. The Philanthropic Capital Roundtable organised by the Legatum Center for Development & Entrepreneurship at MIT, in partnership with the United States African Development Foundation and the King Khalid Foundation. We will discuss the future role of philanthropy in building more resilient economies.
2. I will present the opening speech at the TEGC Campus, a youth and tech event streaming from Equatorial Guinea, sharing the narrative of youth entrepreneurship.
Get a reminder to join us here.
We hope you join the events or follow the conversations online.